Productos más vistos
Este producto ya no está disponible
Al comprar este producto puede obtener hasta 18 puntos de fidelidad. Su carrito totalizará 18 puntos de fidelidad que se puede(n) transformar en un vale de descuento de 0,90 €.
with four Armoured Train Cars.
The history of Polish armoured trains started shortly after Poland gained independence in 1918. They were one of the most important weapons in the war against Bolsheviks in 1919 and 1920, and the other conflicts that shaped the borders of Poland. Dozens of improvised armoured trains fought between 1918 and 1921. After operations ceased in 1921, only the dozen most advanced were left in service.
In September 1939 the Polish Army had two armoured train battalions in service:
Each battalion mobilised five armoured trains, 1st Battalion included trains numbered from 11 to 15 and the 2nd Battalion had trains numbered from 51 to 55. The trains were usually attached to other units patrolling, providing artillery support, and often covering withdrawals.
Armoured train Nr. 53 Smialy (‘Bold’) was typical. It was grouped with train Nr. 52 Pilsudczyk (‘Pilsudskiite’—supporter of Józef Pilsudski, Chief of State from 1918 to 1922). Both had fought for Poland in the wars of independence from 1918 to 1920, and modernised, fought again in 1939.
On the day of the German invasion Nr. 53 assisted the Wolynska Brygada Kawalerii (Volynian Cavalry Brigade) in stopping the advance of the German 4th Panzer Division at Mokra. On the following day the trains withdrew towards Warsaw engaging tanks of the 1st Panzer Division.
Two weeks later both trains fought in the defence of the fortress city of Brzesc, holding off the 10th Panzer Division for three days. The train escaped the fall of the fortress, only to be finally captured by the Red Army in Lvov.
Designed by Evan Allen
Painted by Victor Pesch
No hay reseñas de clientes en este momento.